Affirmations for new moms
When I became a new mom 4 years ago, I struggled and the only that got me through the day was new mom affirmations I found online.
Becoming a new mom is a joyful time, it is also a very stressful time, and you may find yourself questioning whether you are doing the right thing, especially if this is your first baby.
Even if this is not your first baby, anytime you become the new mother of a tiny human it can be an emotional time, and many of those emotions can leave you feeling overwhelmed.
I remember feeling overwhelmed and in even some cases having mini anxiety attacks.
My husband pretty much stayed up all night just to make sure the baby was still breathing.
It was a tough time.
And 4 years later, I can tell you, I wouldn’t change a thing.
I definitely thank myself for finding and using positive affirmations for new moms to help me through the days that didn’t look too great.
On the bad days, you will normally feel tired, sore, you are full of joy, and you now know exactly what it means to be exhausted.
Let me say, that this too will pass.
You will get through it like the super mom you were meant to be.
You definitely need to do everything in your power to be the best version of yourself for your new baby.
If this means working out, talking to a therapist all using positive affirmations as I did, then go for it.
What are the most powerful affirmations for new moms?
Before we get started on new mom affirmations, we did want you to follow us on our sister Facebook for more awesome ideas on saving or making more money. You can also follow us on our sister Instagram account as we share one for more tips.
We also wanted to take the opportunity to let you know that we use Affiliate links on some of our blog posts. This means that we could make a commission if you click on an affiliate link and purchase something. Read our full disclosure and blog policy for more information.
How new mom affirmations can help:
If you are not familiar with affirmations, they are basically the action or process of affirming something or being affirmed.
These positive statements can help you to challenge and overcome self-sabotaging and negative thoughts which most new mothers tend to have.
By using affirmations for new moms, you can slowly start to work on your thought process and become a stronger better version of yourself.
When you repeat them often and believe in them, they can have tremendous effects.
If you have anxiety or you start to feel unsure these new mom affirmations can come in handy.
Affirmations are meant to affect the conscious and the subconscious mind.
So I suggest giving it a try.
Go ahead read through them when you need a quick pick me up.
Write one on a post-it note and put it somewhere that you will see it often to remind yourself just what a strong, amazing, confident mama you are.
Those first few weeks after the birth of your new baby is often referred to as the fourth trimester, and while you are oh, so glad that your little one has been born and is here safe and sound it can be a difficult transition.
Newborn babies, sleep a lot, eat a lot, and poop a lot, and you may feel as though you have no idea what you are doing, but don’t worry because you have got this mama.
Your intuition will never steer you wrong.
Affirmations for brand new moms during those first difficult weeks:
- My body is amazing and has done an incredible job of bringing new life into the world.
- It’s okay if you aren’t loving every moment of this.
- Today is just one day. I am doing an amazing job.
- I am qualified to know what my baby needs, I trust my maternal intuition.
- This is really hard and you are doing great.
- Even though I feel overwhelmed I can do this.
- I am all my little one needs. This will get easier.
- I deserve to ENJOY and make the most of this newborn phase.
- My baby doesn’t need me to be perfect. He/she just needs me to do my best.
Motherhood is hard, I am not going to lie to you.
Thank goodness I have a very supportive husband.
With the middle of the night feedings and diaper changes, it can be hard to get any sleep at all when you have a newborn, and that can make getting through the next day challenging to say the least.
Here are a few new mom affirmations to help you make it through the day:
For new moms who need a confidence boost after ANOTHER sleepless night.
- The challenges that I face today make me a stronger mother tomorrow.
- I exude patience and grace throughout my day.
- I will take this one moment at a time.
- It will take some time for me to learn about my baby; I am doing a great job right now.
- My baby’s needs are unique, and only I can meet her needs.
- My day is filled with the limitless potential of joy, love, and happiness.
- Every moment with this being is precious. Soak it in, cherish it, and remember it.
- I am doing the best that I can for my child, and that is enough.
- I am my child’s biggest comfort. No matter what I or the house looks like.
As a new mother, you may think that you should be able to do everything by yourself.
After all, that’s what super moms do, isn’t it?
No, it’s not!
The best moms know when they are in over their heads or even when they just need a break.
This is especially true for new mothers of high-needs babies like those with colic or acid reflux.
These babies tend to cry a LOT and it is perfectly natural for you as a new mom to feel overwhelmed and to need a moment to regain your composure.
Affirmations for new moms who struggle with asking for help:
- I take care of myself to be a better mother
- It is OKAY if I can’t do everything on my own
- Taking care of myself makes me a better mom because I parent from abundance, not from lack thereof.
- It’s okay to ask for help; it does not make me a bad mom.
- I am not alone. I will prioritize self-care so that I can be the best mom possible.
- Needing a break does not make me a bad mom.
- I understand that to be my best, I have to take care of myself.
- I have people who love me.
- I will not lose myself to motherhood, I will embrace the old and the new.
And there you have it, a list of the best new mom affirmations!
Those first few weeks and months of motherhood can be tough, but you can do it.
You instinctively know what is best for you and your baby.
Use these affirmations for new moms to help get you through the rough spots, and remember mama, you are doing great.
You can find more positive affirmations for moms right here if you need something more!
- 7 Productivity Hacks for Work-at-Home Moms That Work